SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING AS EXPECTED
When things are not working as expected - help us, help you. The information below is to assist you with problem-solving or pinpointing any issues you may be experiencing on your site. The more you try first, and communicate with our team, the quicker we can get to the fix and *bonus* use less of your support hours.
First, try these things yourself:
- Hard refresh in your browser (PC: Control+F5 or Mac: Command+R)
- Check incognito/private window and in a browser you don’t typically use
- Ask around, is everyone on your team experiencing the same thing?
Making a support request when something is broken:
- Make sure to send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org so it enters the support system and gets seen quickly by the right team members.
- In the email, please note anything you discovered in the steps above
- Describe the issue in as much detail as you can.
- What is happening vs. what should be happening? What pages are affected (provide links and screenshots)?
- Share your browser details from http://www.whatbrowseramiusing.co/
For general fixes and support assistance, we will acknowledge receipt of the request within 24 hours (on business days) and provide you with an ETA for completion. For major issues and downtime, we have 24/7 support available to get you back up and running ASAP.
- Do you know if the functionality is using a particular plugin or service (forms, email, mailchimp)?
- Is the issue on just one page/post or multiple places?
- Does the issue occur whether you are logged in or logged out?
Any of the above additional information can help us help you, include it in your email to email@example.com!
You're in good hands!
- If you notice your site is down or there is a critical error - chances are good that we already know! We have all our sites on an uptime monitor, so if something big goes wrong we get an instant alert.
- We are lucky to have team members across multiple time zones so there is always someone who can help right away!
- We keep daily backups of all our sites, so we can always restore a backup if a fix is not able to be implemented quickly enough as an interim solution
- Not to brag but... We’ve yet to find a website issue we couldn’t resolve!
< Back to General Support